If you have any questions about events, please contact me.
Qigong, Breathwork, and Meditation Class
27 October @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am£7
Discover Inner Harmony & Vitality
Explore ancient Chinese and Indian techniques that rejuvenate mind, body, and spirit. Join me for an experience that blends gentle movements, breathing techniques, and mindful meditation. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned practitioner, Qigong (roughly pronounced ”Chi Gung” or ”Chi Gong”) offers profound benefits for stress reduction, energy enhancement, and overall well-being.
Class is 50-60 minutes and comprise:
- Qigong-style warm up and exercises (standing and seated options will be taught)
- Seated breathing exercises
- Seated mindful meditation
Classes are a mix of styles including Qigong (rooted in traditional Chinese medicine and philosophy), Pranayama (ancient breath techniques originating from yogic practices in India), and Meditation (primarily a combination of mindfulness and passage meditation).
Who should attend:
Classes are open to all levels of experience and physical abilities as various options will be given for each exercise. Exercises may be done standing or seated. Absolute beginners welcome!
Ages 16 and older please
Purchasing a ticket using the link below (or CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A TICKET) guarantees a space. Tickets will also be available on the door if the class isn’t sold out in advance. Cash or card accepted.
Class size is limited – it is recommended you purchase a ticket in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please note that if there are spaces available on the day, we are happy to offer a ‘pay what you can’ option to those finding the cost of the ticket prohibitive. No questions will be asked.
What to bring/wear:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Bare feet, non-slip pilates socks, or thin soled flat shoes are best, but trainers are also acceptable.
- Chairs will be provided, however if you’re more comfortable sitting on the floor during meditation please bring a meditation pillow or other suitable firm pillow.
- Heating will be available in cool weather but you may choose to bring a cozy jumper or lap blanket for meditation.
- It is recommended you bring water.
- Bring an open mind, an open heart, and a positive mindset.
- You will not need a yoga mat.
There is limited parking in front of the WI Hall. Parking in The Lion carpark next to the WI Hall may be permitted.
For more information about Qigong, what it is, and what the benefits are, click here.
Fine Print: No refunds or cancellations within 5 hours of the class. Refunds will be subject to service charges. Exercises are performed at your own risk. Please do not attend if you aren’t feeling well.